Job Code: 24164/SH
Practice Area: Pensions
Recruitment Partner: Sam Houghton
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
International law firm DWF is looking to recruit a talented Pensions lawyer with at least four years relevant post qualification experience to join its Pensions team in London with partners Amanda Banister and Michael Salters. The 14 strong national Pensions team led by Tim Green is expanding and advises on schemes for many household name clients on the full range of pensions issues, both contentious and non-contentious in the public, private and third sectors.
The team is involved in cutting edge pensions law advice including asset backed funding arrangements for FTSE 100 clients, prominent Court cases (Safeway v Newton (CA); Hampshire v PPF (CJEU)), de-risking exercises, multi-£billion scheme mergers, advising trustees of complex industry wide multi-employer pension schemes, benefit change and consultation. The team also has particular expertise in PPF restructuring (e.g. Uniq and Halcrow), assessment period matters (through its PPF panel appointment), and advice to the PPF Board on other matters such as GMP Equalisation, the PPF levy and BHS. Many of our pensions experts also hold pension trustee appointments.
In addition to the relevant technical skills and experience candidates should be able to demonstrate a drive to succeed and an enthusiasm to engage with clients. It is important that the successful candidate has the ability to work as part of a team in addition to being confident working on his/her own initiative.
Main function of job: To demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and the ability to deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to external and internal clients.
a. Responsible to: Pensions Partners
b. Liaison with: Other Partners, Fee-earners and Business Support teams across the practice groups at DWF, current and future Clients.
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements (where applicable) and best practice, demonstrably applying technical/professional knowledge and expertise to provide clear, accurate and commercial direction to clients.
- Reliably display sound technical and professional judgement including the ability to analyse risk and justify decisions to clients internally and externally.
- Demonstrate DWF Values through behaviour.
- Consistently provide an excellent level of service to internal and external clients.
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks, support growth and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s strategy, sectors, products, service lines and opportunities for growth/referrals.
- Prioritise work effectively to maximise efficiency in working practices and proactively support innovation and improvement.
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year.
- Contribute to team financial performance (sales, recovery rate, chargeable hours, lock up and disbursements) in line with team business plan.
- Understand individual role in the context of the Practice Area/Practice Group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge.
- Raise individual profile and that of DWF LLP through coverage in the legal press and DWF promotional material.
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 24164/SH.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sam Houghton on Sam.Houghton@dwf.law.