Job Code: 29396/SC
Practice Area: Insurance
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
DWF is one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times. We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as one of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top two law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices in Dublin, Belfast, nationwide in the UK as well as Germany, Belgium, France and Dubai, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board in our Dublin office to be part of our success.
The Professional Indemnity team in Dublin require a Solicitor (0-3 PQE) to join the team. The role will involve working in a team environment advising insurers and/or professionals in respect of professional indemnity claims made against a wide range of professionals and will embrace policy coverage advice and all forms of dispute resolution.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on behalf of leading insurers handling quality work. For the right candidate it offers the opportunity for development based on performance.
Main function of job:
To demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and the ability to deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to external clients.
- Supporting Senior Associates with the day to day running of Professional Indemnity claims;
- Work in a team to provide excellent service to insurer clients, while dealing appropriately with insured professionals;
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice.
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs.
- Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge.
- Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices.
- Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally.
- Achieve individual financial targets in line with sales plan
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
We are seeking an individual who has experience in Litigation regardless of sector experience, as the team will be able to train the successful individual in the Practice area of Professional Indemnity.
Candidates who have had experience of both insurance defence would be beneficial.
Attributes that we are seeking include:
- Experience of the litigation process.
- Strong technical ability to include a thorough grasp of principles and case law and topics
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Motivation and a demonstrable work ethic
- Confidence, resilience and ability to work in a team
- An ability to work pro-actively and demonstrate initiative without constant direction, albeit under close supervision.
- Strong organisational skills
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 29396/SC.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on Sarah.Curran@dwf.law.
No agency CVs will be accepted unless formally instructed on this specific role by the Recruitment Team.