Job Code: 11473/AM
Practice Area: Banking
Recruitment Partner: Amanda McDonald
DWF are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
We are now looking to recruit a Solicitor to join our Banking team in Leeds. The role will be client facing, working within a busy team in a progressive environment. The role involves working with large banks on loan documents, restructuring, corporate support and finance. You will work closely with other teams in DWF including business restructuring and Transactional.
We will consider applications from NQs who have completed at least one seat in Banking during their training contract or candidates who have qualified into Banking and have up to 4 years PQE.
We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate a real interest in Banking work, who is a team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Main function of job
To demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and the ability to deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to external clients whilst demonstrating and communicating a clear understanding of business needs/changes to internal clients.
Responsible to: Partner
Liaison with: Corporate & Banking Partners and fee earners across locations, Clients, Central Services.
- Clearly understand client requirements and provide practical answers to problems whilst ensuring best practice and technical accuracy at all times;
- Be accountable for individual financial performance and ensure delivery of responsibilities within required time frames and to the highest standard possible;
- Analyse risk and use sound judgement with decisions impacting on clients/practice area and anticipate both positive and negative consequences;
- Delegate work appropriately and manage work upwards when required to ensure that work performed meets individual performance requirements as well as those of the wider team/Firm;
- Understand individual role and performance in the Firm as well as commercial trends affecting practice area or potential business development activity;
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs;
- Act appropriately to business needs including an ability to initiate change and communicate new ideas effectively both internally and externally at all levels;
- Delegate as required in order to encourage cross working where appropriate and maximise profitability.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.