Job Code: 25861/SH
Practice Area: Employment, Pensions & Regulatory
Recruitment Partner: Sam Houghton
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
We are looking for a 1-3 year PQE Solicitor to join our busy Employment team in Manchester. The ideal candidate will have experience of predominantly advising respondents (although some high level applicant experience will also be relevant) and be confident handling a tribunal caseload and providing additional corporate support.
Main function of job
To demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and the ability to deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to external clients whilst demonstrating and communicating a clear understanding of business needs/changes to internal clients. Demonstrate a genuine passion for employment law and commitment to your own development in this area of specialism.
- Clearly understand client requirements and confidently provide practical answers both verbally and in written form to problems whilst ensuring best practice and technical accuracy at all times;
- Manage a tribunal caseload, including interacting with clients, drafting all pleadings, statements and preparing bundles and willingness to perform own advocacy;
- Be accountable for individual financial performance and ensure delivery of responsibilities within required time frames and to the highest standard possible;
- Analyse risk and use sound judgement with decisions impacting on clients/practice area and anticipate both positive and negative consequences;
- Work as part of a team, including delegating work appropriately and managing work upwards when required to ensure that work performed meets individual performance requirements as well as those of the wider team/Firm;
- Understand individual role and performance in the Firm as well as commercial trends affecting practice area or potential business development activity;
- Develop your confidence in client facing and presentation skills
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs;
- Act appropriately to business needs including an ability to initiate change and communicate new ideas effectively both internally and externally at all levels;
- Contribute to the firm as a whole through participation, business development and cross office and cross practice working.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.