Practice Area: Litigation
Recruitment Partner: Sam Houghton
We are looking to recruit a Solicitor to join the Commercial Litigation team based in Birmingham which is ranked tier 1 in the Legal 500.
We are seeking applications preferably from candidates who are 1-4 years’ PQE. Ideally candidates will have experience in all forms of commercial dispute resolution, including litigation, arbitration and mediation. Due to the significant international work undertaken by the team, particularly in Russia, the CIS and Europe, language skills would be an advantage but not essential.
The team’s work spans a wide ranging spectrum of general commercial and corporate disputes, on behalf of clients including PLCs, SMEs and ultra-high net worth individuals. The work that the team undertakes is extremely complex and high value, and we are looking to recruit a team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Responsible to: Partner
Liaison with: Partners, Associates, Solicitors, Paralegals & wider team
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements (where applicable) and best practice, demonstrably applying technical/professional knowledge and expertise to provide clear, accurate and commercial direction to clients.
- Reliably display sound technical and professional judgement including the ability to analyse risk and justify decisions to clients internally and externally.
- Demonstrate DWF Values through behaviour.
- Consistently provide an excellent level of service to internal and external clients.
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks, support growth and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s strategy, sectors, products, service lines and opportunities for growth/referrals.
- Prioritise work effectively to maximise efficiency in working practices and proactively support innovation and improvement.
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year.
- Contribute to team financial performance (sales, recovery rate, chargeable hours, lock up and disbursements) in line with team business plan.
- Understand individual role in the context of the Practice Area/Practice Group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge.
- Raise individual profile and that of DWF LLP through coverage in the legal press and DWF promotional material.
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 24598/SH
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sam Houghton on email@example.com