Practice Area: Motor
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
DWF ‘s fast paced and busy team is looking for a talented Senior Paralegal/Solicitor to join our the team in Liverpool handling Credit Hire cases.
Main Function of Job
To progress cases, under supervision, to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients ensuring high levels of service delivery both internally and externally whilst providing and maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement.
Individual must be an experienced Senior Paralegal / Solicitor with an excellent understanding of Credit Hire litigation and demonstrable experience in a similar role, with solid litigation experience of dealing with small claims and fast track litigation. The individual must have good attention to detail and the ability to handle a busy caseload.
Responsible to: Credit Hire Supervisor or Manager
Liaison with: Employees at all levels within DWF and clients.
- Action all cases in line with practice group/client service standards and protocols.
- Proactive use of case management systems to improve speed of settlement and MI compliance whilst ensuring compliance the client requirements
- Proactively manage both internal and client MI and achievement of budgeted sales revenue, aligned to personal target or team target (as applicable)
- Manage specialist credit hire caseload involving complex credit hire litigation and indemnity disputes – level of authority to be decided
- Manage a litigated case load involving liability disputes, indemnity disputes and quantum issues up to a value of £25k
- Proactively settle/assist in the settlement of cases to the satisfaction of the client and in line with the set targets whilst further developing legal technical knowledge.
- Analyse risk and develop sound judgement to justify decisions in the management of cases.
- Prioritise work efficiently and effectively to ensure client service level agreements and deadlines are met.
- Understand the role in the context of the practice group and proactively seek to increase contribution via the allocation of work.
- Work flexibly in adjusting to changes in priority of workload as dictated by the practice group.
- Demonstrates DWF People values through behaviour
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 23916/SC
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on firstname.lastname@example.org