Practice Area: Occupational Health
Recruitment Partner: Amanda McDonald
This is your opportunity to be part of one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms.
DWF have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, DWF are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of their success.
DWF LLP is seeking to recruit a 2 year pqe Solicitor into the Occupational Health team in Birmingham. The Occupational Health team at DWF LLP is one of the largest in the UK and is nationally recognised. We act for household name insurer clients on the whole range of industrial disease claims.
Main function of job
To demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and the ability to deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to external clients whilst demonstrating and communicating a clear understanding of business needs/changes to internal clients.
What will I be doing
The team deals with a range of disease files both EL and PL matters and advises on policy coverage issues. The majority of the claims are NIHL with some HAVs and you will be supporting the Partner for disease. However there are real opportunities to deal with a wider scope of work in the longer term.
Responsible to: Occupational Health Partner
Liaison with: Insurance Practice Group, clients, and employees at all level across the firm.
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year;
- Achieve individual financial targets in line with sales plan;
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice;
- Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally;
- Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices;
- Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge;
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs;
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
What we are looking for
We are seeking applications from candidates who are able to demonstrate a real interest in industrial disease work, and from those who will have gained experience of handling a range of defendant disease files. We are seeking a team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail. We are also seeking a candidate who is familiar with working in a commercial environment. Experience of NIHL (deafness) litigation is an essential requirement, to include handling a litigated caseload in both fast and multitrack.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 17316/AM
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Amanda McDonald on firstname.lastname@example.org