Practice Area: Real Estate East
Recruitment Partner: Claire Bowden
DWF LLP is seeking to recruit a Solicitor in Leeds to work with the Occupational Health Partners on a varied caseload as well as working independently. The team deals with various disease matters including deafness and asbestos injuries in addition to handling EL/PL claims.
We are seeking applications from candidates with suitable personal injury and EL/PL experience who are able to demonstrate a real interest in handling a wide variety of interesting and challenging defendant work. We are looking for a team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail as well as commercial acumen.
Main function of job
To demonstrate technical and cmmercial expertise and the ability to deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to external clients whilst demonstrating and communicating a clear understanding of business needs/changes to internal clients.
Responsible to: Partner in Insurance
Liaison with: Insurance Practice Group, clients, and employees at all level across the firm.
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year;
- Achieve individual financial targets in line with sales plan;
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice;
- Dealing with a caseload on a variety of disease and EL/PL matters as well as assisting a partner.
- Main duties include drafting various pleadings, reports to clients, attending court hearings, working to court deadlines, liability investigations with Defendants, considering interesting medical causation issues as well as exposure to cost issues at the conclusion of such matters.
- Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally;
- Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices; adhering to court deadlines and directions.
- Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a work load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge;
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs;
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 21765/CB
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Claire Bowden on email@example.com