Job Code: 24435/SH
Practice Area: Commercial Litigation
Recruitment Partner: Sam Houghton
Office: Manchester or Liverpool
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
One of the largest pure commercial litigation teams outside of London, and Tier 1 Ranked in Chambers and Legal 500, is seeking a talented Solicitor/Associate (Manchester or Liverpool to support the North West) with at least two years’ post qualification experience.
The national team provides commercial advice to clients who need to resolve disputes arising out of companies or company law, either through litigation or Alternative Dispute Resolution. We differentiate ourselves through our strategy and approach in working with our commercial clients. We offer a multi-disciplinary disputes team of diverse sector specialists and experts for all types of contentious work.
The North West team’s work spans a wide ranging spectrum of general commercial and corporate disputes and sector specific work including international and cross-border litigation, Intellectual Property, shareholder disputes, regulatory and public law disputes, professional negligence claims and arbitration; carrying out very high quality and complex work for PLCs and SMEs. The team also undertakes a variety of, and is ranked for, its dispute work in the Retail and Technology sectors.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of company issues, corporate law, litigation processes and ADR. He or she will have experience of resolving disputes for large local and large national companies and will be able to demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and application and the ability to deliver excellent results for clients within required time frames.
Responsible to: Partner
Liaison with: Partners, Associates, Solicitors, Paralegals & wider team
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements (where applicable) and best practice, demonstrably applying technical/professional knowledge and expertise to provide clear, accurate and commercial direction to clients.
- Reliably display sound technical and professional judgement including the ability to analyse risk and justify decisions to clients internally and externally.
- Demonstrate DWF Values through behaviour.
- Consistently provide an excellent level of service to internal and external clients.
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks, support growth and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s strategy, sectors, products, service lines and opportunities for growth/referrals.
- Prioritise work effectively to maximise efficiency in working practices and proactively support innovation and improvement.
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year.
- Contribute to team financial performance (sales, recovery rate, chargeable hours, lock up and disbursements) in line with team business plan.
- Understand individual role in the context of the Practice Area/Practice Group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge.
- Raise individual profile and that of DWF LLP through coverage in the legal press and DWF promotional material.
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.