Job Code: 22285/SH
Practice Area: Specialist Litigation
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
The DWF LLP Family team is looking for a talented lawyer with 2 – 5 years relevant post qualification experience to join the team in Manchester.
Consistently ranked Tier 1 in Legal 500 and Chambers, the team is known for its commercial and tactical approach to financial settlements in respect of divorce and other relationship breakdowns. The team specialises in acting for clients where there is a complexity of on and off shore assets including businesses, residential and commercial property, trusts and pensions.
The team also acts in private proceedings concerning children, regularly advising clients regarding child arrangements orders, prohibited steps orders and specific issues such as relocation.
In addition to the relevant technical skills and experience, candidates should be able to demonstrate a drive to succeed, and an enthusiasm to engage with clients. It is important that the successful candidate has the ability to work as part of a team in addition to being confident working under his/her own initiative.
Main function of job
To demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and the ability to deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to external clients.
a. Responsible to: Family Partners
b. Liaison with: Other Partners, Fee-earners and Business Support teams across the practice groups at DWF, current and future Clients.
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in accordance with best practice.
- Analyse risk and give commercial and proportionate advice to clients.
- Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices.
- Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge.
- Raise individual profile and that of DWF LLP through coverage in the legal press and DWF promotional material, assisting to maximise own revenue with existing clients through the introduction of clients to other practice groups where applicable.
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs.
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.