Practice Area: Resolution Law
Recruitment Partner: Thereza Olofsson
This is your opportunity to be part of one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms.
They have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, they are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of their success.
Main function of job
To work as part of a team that handles large, complex cases that involve challenging technical issues. Many of the claims in the caseload will involve Portal cases where a 2nd or 3rd or more specialist medical report is required.
It will ideally require experience and/or aptitude to identify and understand specialist and complex medical issues and have an ability to communicate well with lay clients.
In addition they should ideally have experience and ability to handle non-portal and litigated cases.
Most cases will arise as a result of RTAs but could also involve handling or assisting on caseloads involving claims relating to Fraud, LVI, Employers Liability, Occupiers Liability, Public Liability, Complex RTA, Clinical Neg and high value injury.
To advise the client on the funding options available, complete Risk Assessments and draft CFA’s. To review medical evidence and instruct relevant expert(s) advising the client on any recommended treatment. Consider tactical approach when assessing value of the claim and issue court proceedings where necessary.
Candidate would demonstrate a high level of technical and commercial expertise in the above areas to deliver results within required time frames. They would provide the highest service level to external clients whilst demonstrating and communicating a clear understanding of business needs/changes to internal clients.
This role will be based in our Green Team in our Technical Claims team in Liverpool.
Given the demands of the role this is intended to be a full time fixed term contract position
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year;
- Achieve individual financial targets in line with sales plan;
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice;
- Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally;
- Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices;
- Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge;
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs;
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.