Job Code: 24068/SH
Practice Area: IHT
Recruitment Partner: Sam Houghton
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
A Solicitor/Senior Solicitor is required to join the Subrogated Recovery team based at a client site in Manchester city centre. The successful candidate will be based in the Household and Commercial property all perils sub-team at RSA, handling claims involving property damage caused by escapes of water, fires, impact fallen trees etc and supervising a small team of Paralegals. Therefore, we are ideally seeking applications from candidates with experience of dealing with property damage claims. Supervisory experience would also be preferred.
We will consider candidates with experience of working in house with an insurer or from private practice. Candidates will have the ability to work well within a team, be confident offering advice and guidance to others and liaising closely with more senior fee earners, and have strong organisational skills. It is desirable for candidates to have gained experience in line management or managing client relationships on site.
Main function of the job
To demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and to manage performance and deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to the client whilst demonstrating and communicating a clear understanding of business needs/changes.
a. Responsible to: Line manager.
b. Liaison with: Employees at all levels within DWF, and clients.
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year.
- Achieve individual financial targets.
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice.
- Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to the client.
- Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices.
- Understand individual role in the context of the team and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge.
- Build working relationships both within the client’s business and the Firm in order to develop business awareness and create a solid understanding of both the Firm’s and the client’s direction and needs.
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 24068/SH.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sam Houghton on Sam.Houghton@dwf.law.