I have recently celebrated 10 years working at DWF (that’s over 15,000 chargeable hours, 50 trials, four secondments and three promotions). How times flies when you’re having fun!
To commemorate each year on this momentous occasion (for me at least!), I’ve listed my top 10 favourite things about working life at DWF:
1. I work alongside some truly brilliant people who excel in their field and who encourage each other to strive for the highest possible standards and quality of service.
2. I do some really interesting and varied work with some amazing clients, and there are always opportunities to challenge myself and do new things.
3. We value and have an enviable work-life-balance that offers flexibility, agile working and autonomy, unparalleled by many businesses, both within and outside of the legal sector.
4. We have an open and friendly culture, where there are no closed doors and everyone is approachable, whether it’s for an informal chat or to talk business.
5. We operate within a real meritocracy, where there are opportunities for career progression and support for promotion from within (I joined the business as a paralegal in 2009 and hope to become a partner in the not too distant future).
6. I work in an iconic building and modern working environment, with sweeping views of London and an open plan set-up which encourages greater collaboration and idea sharing.
7. The business really does care about the community and encourages everyone to do their bit and give back though charity fund raising and volunteering events.
8. We have a diverse and inclusive workforce, with all walks of life in all types of role. As an openly gay man, I am able to be myself and learn from others who might not be the same as me.
9. I am part of a cutting-edge business that is unafraid of change, is prepared to try things another way (officially dubbed ‘doing things differently’) and is adaptable to the demands of the markets we serve, even in challenging and turbulent times.
10. The selection of delicious home made soups in the bistro is just splendid! I don’t think I’ve had the same one twice, and I have them several times a week.
Ok, so the last one is more personal than professional, but still something I had to share as just one of the many other big and small perks I could think of!
Here’s to another 10 years in my wonderful and exciting journey with DWF...