Practice Area: Commercial
Recruitment Partner: Samantha Houghton
DWF LLP is seeking to recruit a Paralegal to join our Insurance practice group in Manchester. The successful candidate will be based within our Commercial Insurance team.
The ARG team at DWF is instructed by our insurer clients to pursue subrogated property damage recovery claims, that is, recover insurers’ outlay where damage has been caused to their customer’s property, be it commercial or domestic. . The successful candidate will be handling his or her own caseload which they will be responsible for achieving optimal outcomes. As a result we are seeking a Paralegal with strong academics and drive, with ideally some relevant legal work experience and the LPC.
The work in the ARG team (Alliance Recovery Group) is subrogated recovery work. You will handle predominantly small claims with a value of under £10k, but also some fast track and multi-track recoveries.
Main function of job
To progress cases, under supervision, to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients whilst providing and maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement.
Responsible to: Head of Commercial Insurance
Liaison with: Employees at all levels within DWF and clients
- To action all cases in line with department/client service standards and protocols.
- To deal with technical aspects of the case, under the supervision of the Team Leader.
- To ensure that financial targets are met.
- Use of the Case Management system and use of standard documentation wherever appropriate.
- To ensure client care in all cases.
- Progress cases to a satisfactory/speedy settlement in accordance with client requirements.
- Record all time accurately.
- Partake in any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the DWF business as and when required.
- To follow all the Firm's policies and procedures.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 14386/SH
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Samantha Houghton on Samantha.Houghton@dwf.law