Job Code: 26628/SH
Practice Area: Employment, Pensions & Regulatory
Recruitment Partner: Sam Houghton
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
We are looking for an experienced paralegal with significant experience in employment law for our busy team in our Manchester office. Ideally candidates will have a minimum of 2 - 3 years employment legal experience and have a genuine desire to specialise in this area of law.
Main function of job
To progress volume Employment matters through to completion, in accordance with the client service level agreement, DWF values and Employment Tribunal Rules. Act as a responsible representative of the Firm and contribute, wherever possible, to the success of the business through the ongoing development of client relationships. Assist with the supervision of the junior paralegals in the team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A proven track record in dealing with Employment cases through the Tribunal process.
- Intermediate level skills in IT, particularly Microsoft Excel and in undertaking administrative activity.
- Excellent communication skills with a professional approach to clients/customers.
- Ability to solve problems and queries effectively and pay attention to detail.
- Previous experience of working in a commercial environment.
- Ability to prioritise and organise a busy workload
- Experience of supervising work or leading small teams would be beneficial.
- To effectively handle Employment Tribunal claims, with minimal supervision, to successfully conclude matters for clients.
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice.
- Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally.
- To work efficiently and utilise the Case Management System working to fee targets and balancing client expectations and commerciality.
- To pick up the more complex legal work in the team and be a go to person for queries, standing in as deputy when the team leader is away from the office.
- To supervise, support and develop the junior team members.
- To utilise negotiation and communication skills to proactively settle/assist in the settlement of cases to the satisfaction of the client whilst further developing legal technical knowledge.
- To prioritise work efficiently and effectively to ensure client service level agreements and deadlines are met.
- Management of client accounts to ensure that client relationships are maintained at all times and developed where possible, supporting client development initiatives/events as appropriate.
- To enhance and develop the existing case management system to achieve more robust and efficient processes.
- To support the Team Leader with case management enhancements, process developments, compilation of MI and ad-hoc projects.
- Taking ownership of team administration, including but not limited to team rotas and holidays.
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 26628/SH
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Samantha Houghton on firstname.lastname@example.org