Practice Area: Costs
Recruitment Partner: Amanda McDonald
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
DWF LLP is seeking to recruit a Paralegal in Liverpool. The successful candidate will be based within our Costs team.
Our Insurance practice group acts for some of the UK's largest insurers and claims organisations and is consistently ranked in the top tier by the Legal 500.
Our Liverpool based Insurance Costs team is seeking a Paralegal with between 3 and 5 year’s of recent and proven experience in costs litigation in a commercial context.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for a caseload of primarily litigated insurance costs work which will be a mix of RTA,EL/PL and Disease cases to include preparing points of dispute, replies, preparation of cost budgets and negotiations. Advocacy experience is not necessary although would be an advantage. Membership of the ACL is not essential.
Main function of job
To progress cases, under supervision, to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients whilst providing and maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement.
- To action all cases in line with department/client service standards and protocols.
- To deal with technical aspects of the case, under the supervision of the Team Leader.
- To ensure that financial targets are met.
- Use of the Case Management system and use of standard documentation wherever appropriate.
- To ensure client care in all cases.
- Progress cases to a satisfactory/speedy settlement in accordance with client requirements.
- Record all time accurately.
- Partake in any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the DWF business as and when required.
- To follow all the Firm's policies and procedures.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
What we are looking for
- Previous costs experience of ideally 3 years + however we will review applications with a couple of years' experience.
- Previous experience in the insurance sector dealing with RTA, EL/PL and or disease claims.
- Ideally dealt with a litigated caseload of delegated and non-delegated work.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 25020/AM
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Amanda McDonald on email@example.com