Job Code: 26631/SH
Practice Area: Lender Services
Recruitment Partner: Samantha Houghton
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
To utilise the DWF Case Management System to efficiently progress volume legal matters through to completion, from the issue of county court proceedings to any subsequent enforcement activity, in accordance with the client service level agreement, DWF values and FCA’s Treating Customers Fairly outcomes. Act as a responsible representative of the Firm and contribute, wherever possible, to the success of the business through the ongoing development of client relationships.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified to degree level or above, or with a proven track record in dealing with cases through the litigation/enforcement process.
- Proficient in basic use of IT and in undertaking administrative activity.
- Good communication skills with a professional approach to clients/customers.
- Ability to solve problems and pay attention to detail.
- Previous experience of working in a commercial environment is preferred.
Responsible to: Solicitor/Supervisor
Liaison with: Employees at all levels within DWF and Clients
- To effectively action volume Consumer Credit Act legal matters, with supervision, to successfully recover monies for major commercial clients.
- To action matters in line with practice group/client service standards and protocols and regulatory framework (as applicable).
- To work efficiently and utilise the Case Management System to generate fees for the Firm by promoting speedy settlement whilst also getting the best possible result for the client and the consumer.
- To ensure client care in all cases including:
- behaving in a manner which makes consumers feel confident that fair treatment is central to the DWF culture;
- identifying and targeting the needs of the consumer appropriately;
- providing the consumer with clear information and keeping them informed throughout the process;
- providing advice which is suitable and takes account of the consumer’s circumstances;
- ensuring that the customer gets what has been agreed;
- treating customers reasonably and being open to considering their changing needs; and
- maintaining client confidentiality at all times.
- To analyse risk and develop sound judgement in the management of matters.
- To prioritise work efficiently and effectively to ensure client service level agreements and deadlines are met.
- To ensure that client relationships are maintained at all times and developed where possible, supporting client development initiatives/events as appropriate.
- To ensure that you comply with the procedures of the business as set out in any core materials, manuals and training materials.
- To comply with the relevant training as required by the business.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 26631/SH
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Samantha Houghton