Practice Area: Motor
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
To manage and develop a specific team of 6 Paralegals to better meet client needs and to contribute to sales and profit growth through the appropriate use of resources. Experience of deciding liability on cases is essential as you will be supporting the team to make the appropriate decisions on liability and proactively make decisions on liability on active cases. To be responsible for the delivery of the team plan by developing others to successfully manage caseloads of process driven PD cases. Must be experienced in fast track, Quantum, Stage 3 litigation, higher value cases with an understanding of Property Damage cases.
Responsible to: RSA Team Manager & Practice Area Partner
Liaison with: Practice Group Partners, partners, legal advisers, other central services senior managers and support staff within DWF.
- Be accountable for own and direct reports financial management ensuring a pro-active approach is taken to meeting individual and unit targets;
- Sign off on cases up to the value of £25,000 where damages are involved;
- Support and mentor a team unfamiliar with Quantum and act as first line support in all Quantum cases
- Proactive use of case management systems to improve speed of settlement and MI compliance to manage a caseload of 100 active files
- Ensure strict SLA compliance including client MI requirements
- Review VF usage of supervisees to ensure compliance with case management work-flows
- Ensure compliance with monthly settlement targets and throughput of file closures
- Support direct line manager and act as a role model by encouraging the development of others and demonstrating own technical expertise on an individual and/or group basis.
- Be recognised as an effective supervisor and to create a culture that engenders service excellence.
- Interpret, communicate and implement the strategy for their area into meaningful goals and objectives for their supervisees.
- Work with L & D teams to enhance the knowledge of the team
- Recognise and value the contribution of others and invest time to coach individuals in order to achieve their potential in line with the performance review process.
- Ensure that appropriate and effective communication takes place within their team
- To look outside of the Firm for new ways of working and seek to continually challenge and improve internal working practices through the professional application of skills and knowledge;
- Develop strong internal and external working relationships based on trust and respect, ensuring there is regular communication within the practice group and with the external client;
- Understand the relevant marketplace and identify what opportunities and risks exist and how DWF can exploit or prepare for them;
- Demonstrates DWF People values through behaviour
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 23072/SC
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on firstname.lastname@example.org