Practice Area: Motor
Recruitment Partner: Amanda McDonald
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
The Volume Motor Insurance team in DWF’s Manchester office acts on behalf of major Insurance clients defending a high volume of claims. The team are currently seeking 2 experienced debt recovery Paralegals ideally with a strong knowledge of the CPR to join a highly successful team
Main function of job
To progress cases, under supervision, to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients whilst providing and maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement.
Responsible to: Senior Paralegal.
Liaison with: All fee earners within Practice Group / Practice Area.
- Action all cases in line with practice group/client service standards and protocols ensuring the monitoring and completion of MI as required;
- Managing a complex caseload through the Visualfiles system, ensuring that all files are kept up to date.
- Dealing with Enforcements and issuing Claims
- Working pro-actively to provide advice tailored to client needs
- Raising case or client issues with Senior Paralegals as appropriate
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing communication to clients and debtors, via telephone, email and post.
- Scanning relevant documents for online storage and attaching to Liberate.
- Opening files electronically, including regular high volume uploads from bulk clients.
- Driving sector specific business development relationships and actively assisting in the management of relationships with new and existing clients.
- Substantial experience in either Insurance Claims handling or Litigated Recoveries including Enforcements essential.
- High level of proficiency in written and verbal communication skills, including a confident telephone manner.
- Excellent administration / organisational skills.
- Strong IT and keyboard skills with knowledge of Word, Excel and database programmes, internet research and MI reporting.
- A good team spirit with proven team working skills.
- Flexibility, willingness to learn on the job and to participate in learning and development opportunities.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.