Practice Area: Occupational Health & Casualty
Recruitment Partner: Claire Bowden
DWF are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
To progress cases, under supervision, to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients whilst providing and maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement.
What will I be doing
Working as a Paralegal processing volume personal injury portal claims with a value up to £25,000. Typical claims involve slips, trips and pot holes etc. You will be processing the claims through our visual files case management system and must have excellent attention to detail as you are the face of our insurance client. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in larger value claims assisting Solicitors and Associates to help progress your career.
Responsible to: Associate
Liaison with: Insurance Clients, and the wider Catastrophic PI team.
- To action all cases in line with department/client service standards and protocols.
- To deal with technical aspects of the case, under the supervision of the Team Leader.
- To ensure that financial targets are met.
- Use of the Case Management system and use of standard documentation wherever appropriate.
- To ensure client care in all cases.
- Progress cases to a satisfactory/speedy settlement in accordance with client requirements.
- Record all time accurately.
- Partake in any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the DWF business as and when required.
- To follow all the Firm's policies and procedures.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
What we are looking for
To be successful you will have experience of working within a similar role dealing with volume motor or EL/PL claims with a value of up to £25,000 with excellent attention to detail. You will have strong academics at degree level or above and the ability to understand the complexity of claims with the confidence to ask questions.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.