Job Code: 23360/AM
Practice Area: Professional Indemnity
Recruitment Partner: Amanda McDonald
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
The professional indemnity team in Glasgow require a paralegal to join them. The role will involve supporting the team to advise Insurers and/or professionals in respect of claims made against a wide range of professionals, including but not limited to solicitors.
The candidate should have civil litigation experience and an ability to draft pleadings and manage Sheriff Court cases across Scotland. This will involve the instruction of local agents and Counsel as required.
Main function of job
To progress cases, under supervision, to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients whilst providing and maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement.
a. Responsible to: Line manager.
b. Liaison with: Employees at all levels within DWF and clients.
- Action all cases in line with practice group/client service standards and protocols ensuring the monitoring and completion of MI as required;
- Use of the case management system and / or use of standard documentation wherever appropriate to maximise cost efficiency;
- Utilise negotiation and communication skills to proactively settle/assist in the settlement of cases to the satisfaction of the client whilst further developing legal technical knowledge;
- Analyse risk and utilise commercial knowledge to develop sound judgement in order to justify decisions in the management of cases;
- Prioritise and organise work efficiently and effectively to ensure client service level agreements and deadlines are met;
- Understand the role in the context of the practice group and proactively seek to increase contribution via the allocation of work;
- Work flexibly in adjusting to changes in priority of workload as dictated by the practice group;
- Interpret financial information to monitor your own performance against agreed targets ensuring there’s an ability to explain any differential;
- Pro-actively support the ongoing development of Junior Paralegals / Administrative Assistants within the Practice Group / Practice Area, delegating tasks where appropriate;
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Team Player
- Experience of following a process
- Civil Court and drafting experience is desirable
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 23360/AM.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Amanda McDonald on Amanda.McDonald@dwf.law