Job Code: 26887/SH
Practice Area: Lender Services
Recruitment Partner: Samantha Houghton
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
Members of the team will work on a wide range of routine assignments in either a stand-alone or an integrated way alongside the firm's qualified lawyers in a variety of Practice Groups.
Due to the stage of development, dynamic environment and the clients we seek to serve, the role is not an ordinary 9-5 job. We are looking for individuals with a strong work ethic, who take pride in their work and who are comfortable working at a fast pace. The ideal candidate will also have:
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- A positive, enthusiastic and proactive approach to their work
- Effective personal organisational and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demands and prioritise workloads
- The ability to work under pressure, to tight timescales with a sense of urgency
- Common sense, commerciality and the ability to exercise judgement
- A strong desire to develop skills and capability
- Ability to flex provide legal support for multiple work types
- Strong IT skills
- Responsible to: Partner Legal Support Centre
- Liaison with: Development Director and a wide range of Partners and Lawyers from multiple Practice Areas around the firm.
The role of a Project Support Team Paralegal is varied and includes:
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of allocated tasks with limited supervision
- Completing tasks to scope, on time and on budget
- Delivering work to service standards in accordance with the DWF excellence framework
- Taking ownership for the delivery of complete client satisfaction and continuous improvement
Examples of specific work types could include:
- Checking legal documents for quality, consistency and content
- Drafting and producing legal documentation and standard forms
- Assessing the relevance of a wide range of documentation as part of contentious claims
- Reviewing and reporting on documents as part of due diligence exercise
- Document collation exercises
- Managing electronic data site including uploading and ordering documentation
- Proving pre and post completion support on transactional work areas
- Compiling Management Information and reports and completing data integrity checks
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 26887/SH
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Samantha Houghton