Practice Area: Real Estate
Recruitment Partner: Claire Bowden
DWF LLP is seeking to recruit a Paralegal to join the Real Estate Asset Management Centre team based in Manchester to assist with asset management work for the whole Practice Group.
The Practice Group acts for landowners, occupiers, developers, funders, contractors and professionals across the sectors including institutional, corporate, retail and public sectors. Due to the increased work for our national investor clients we are in the initial stages of establishing a designated team who have experience and expertise in dealing with all aspects of portfolio management and in general will act for landlords across the retail, office and industrial sectors.
Due to the creation of a central Assessment Management Centre, we are seeking applications from candidates who have gained strong academics at degree level and above and/or relevant asset management and/or commercial property experience gained from a similar commercial law firm environment.
We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate a real interest in asset management and commercial property, who is a team player, in addition to being confident working within a commercial environment, with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Main function of job
To progress cases, or particular aspects of cases, under supervision to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients whilst providing and maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement. The work is predominantly landlord and tenant work and includes Licences to Assign/Underlet/Occupy as well as Deeds of Variation and Short Form Leases.
- Responsible to: Line manager and Senior Paralegal
- Liaison with: Employees at all levels within DWF, clients and intermediaries.
- Drafting and negotiating Licences to Assign, Underlet, Alter, Deeds of Variation and Short Form Leases using the firm’s precedents and drafting software with minimal supervision;
- Drafting Agreements for Lease and Leases acting for the Landlord;
- Action all cases in line with practice group/client service standards and protocols;
- Dealing with opening and closing of matter files using firm appropriate systems and billing clients at appropriate stages of the transaction;
- Use of standard process maps, emails, correspondence and documentation to maximise cost efficiency;
- Proactively manage and progress in the conclusion of transactions to the satisfaction of the client whilst further developing legal technical knowledge in accordance with firm required process and co-ordinate fee earner input where necessary;
- Prioritise work efficiently and effectively to ensure client service level agreements and deadlines are met.
- Analyse risk and develop sound judgement to justify decisions in the management of transactions.
- Understand the role in the context of the practice group and proactively seek to increase contribution via the allocation of work.
- Work flexibly in adjusting to changes in priority of workload as dictated by the practice group.
- Maintain up to date information to ensure that both the internal fee earner clients and external clients are kept up to date with the transactions including any management information reports
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 17463/CB
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Claire Bowden on Claire.Bowden@dwf.law