Practice Area: Real Estate
Recruitment Partner: Claire Bowden
DWF LLP is seeking to recruit an experienced Property Paralegal to join the Real Estate team based in Manchester.
Main function of job
Under supervision, the successful candidate will handle a busy, high volume and demanding caseload of telecoms cell-site and ‘free solar’ matters. The work is predominantly landlord and tenant work and includes lease assignments, lease renewals and deeds of variation. It is essential that the successful candidate has previous experience of drafting, ideally within a Property team in a commercial law firm although experience of drafting in other practice areas will be considered.
We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate previous experience of delivering an excellent client service as this role involves regular contact with the client and agents. The successful candidate will provide clients and agents with updates, advice and draft documentation. The role involves operating a Case Management System so good IT skills are essential. We are looking for a candidate who is a strong communicator, with keen attention to detail and who is confident working within a challenging commercial environment.
Responsible to: Supervising Partner
Liaison with: Employees at all levels within DWF and clients.
Maintaining Client Relationships
- Develop relationships with clients, get to know their business, what they value, their challenges and future plans
- Start to build relationships with key contacts in the clients’ business
- Note client expectations and work closely with team manager to make sure these are met.
- Keep client informed of progress and costs against estimates where appropriate (liaise with team manager)
- Develop and use internal networks, build an understanding of other practice areas, identify opportunities for the Firm
- Put forward ideas for, and participate in client events and networking opportunities
- Update and contribute to the Firm’s CRM system
To comply with Firm’s policy in the following areas:-
- Ensure full compliance with File Management (Client Care) procedures
- Ensure full compliance with Engagement Letters and Terms of Business procedures
- Ensure full compliance with Firm’s Anti Money Laundering Procedures and training is current
- Ensure full compliance with the Firm’s Conflict of Interest procedures and be fully aware of potential conflicts for the Firm
- Possess full knowledge of the Firm’s Business Continuity Plan
- Ensure full compliance with Data Protection procedures in the Firm’s Handbook
- Be fully compliant with the Firm’s Health and Safety procedures to ensure safety of self and others
- Understand the financial obligations of the firm and action accordingly within your area of responsibility
- Be aware of management decisions in relation to own financial performance
- Understand how to contribute to financial success
- Ensure time recording is accurate and up to date
- Ensure financial administration is conducted effectively and in accordance with procedures
- Possess a full understanding and adhere to the Firm’s Client Inception procedures
- Manage own financial performance in line with team and practice area targets
- Adhere to regulatory procedures when dealing with third party monies
- Undertake billing and credit control in line with Firm guidelines
- Be aware of and contribute to the Firm’s strategic aims
- Understand and contribute to the team’s objectives and progress against budget
- Encourage communication within the team by attending team meetings when requested
- Work with others to create an open and honest environment
- Liaise with the Team Leader and other senior fee earners regarding workloads
- Take responsibility for performance and self development, working with the team manager and other senior fee earners
Qualifications and Experience
- Commercial Property experience essential, ideally landlord and tenant and/ or telecoms
- Good law degree and / or ILEX qualifications
- Experience of drafting and carrying out legal research is essential
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to take on the responsibility of running their own high volume, demanding caseload;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Ability to build reputable and strong relationships with key clients
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Team player;
- Good IT Skills, especially Excel, Word, Outlook
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 21309/CB
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Claire Bowden on Claire.Bowden@dwf.law