Practice Area: Recoveries
Recruitment Partner: Samantha Houghton
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
The Technical Recoveries team forms part of the Leeds-based Recoveries practice area, which sits within DWF’s Litigation practice group.
Technical Recoveries deal with technically complex files and defended proceedings referred from the other teams within the Recoveries department. This role offers excellent scope for progression and is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Paralegal to develop their career with a fast growing and innovative Firm.
Main function of job
To progress cases, under supervision, to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients whilst providing and maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement.
- Responsible to: Senior Paralegal.
- Liaison with: All fee earners within Practice Group / Practice Area.
- Managing a varied caseload of contentious debt recovery cases, ensuring all files are up to date.
- Progressing all cases in line with practice group/client service standards and protocols ensuring the monitoring and completion of MI as required.
- Working pro-actively to provide advice tailored to client needs.
- Raising case or client issues with line manager/senior team members as appropriate.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing communications with clients, debtors and third parties, via telephone, email and post.
- Utilising negotiation and communication skills to proactively settle/assist in the settlement of cases to the satisfaction of the client whilst further developing technical legal knowledge.
- Driving sector specific business development relationships and actively assisting in the management of relationships with new and existing clients.
- Supporting the ongoing development of Junior Paralegals & Administrative Assistants within the Practice Area, delegating tasks where appropriate.
Required skills and experience (essential unless otherwise stated)
- Substantial litigated debt recovery/dispute resolution experience. Competent in dealing with defended small and fast-track claims from receipt of defence to trial.
- Able to identify and quickly dispose of defended matters that are suitable for disposal by way of an application for summary judgment/strike out.
- Capable of dealing with applications to set aside judgments and statutory demands.
- Able to conduct effective legal research.
- Strong IT and keyboard skills with experience of MI reporting and knowledge of Word, Excel and database programmes.
- Excellent communication skills including a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English, including a confident telephone manner.
- Excellent administration / organisational skills.
- A good team spirit with proven team working skills.
- Flexibility, willingness to learn on the job and to participate in learning and development opportunities.
- Previous experience with Liberate case management system an advantage.
The above lists are non-exhaustive and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 24358/SH.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Samantha Houghton on Sam.Houghton@dwf.law .