Job Code: 24779/SH
Practice Area: Recoveries
Recruitment Partner: Samantha Houghton
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
The Technical Recoveries team forms part of the Leeds-based Recoveries practice area, which sits within DWF’s Litigation practice group.
Technical Recoveries deal with technically complex files and defended proceedings referred from the other teams within the Recoveries department. This role offers excellent scope for progression and is an ideal opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic candidate looking to begin a long term career in Legal Recoveries.
Main function of job
Supporting the operational functioning of the Technical Recoveries team in the Recoveries department whilst learning and developing the key skills and experience required for a paralegal, assisting in the management of a complex caseload on behalf of a variety of DWF clients.
- Responsible to: Senior Paralegal.
- Liaison with: All fee earners within Practice Group / Practice Area.
- Assisting in the management of a defended litigated caseload, ensuring that all files are kept up to date and that any potential issues are highlighted to your line manager/a senior team member.
- Undertaking tasks as delegated to you in a time and cost effective manner, adhering to deadlines where provided.
- Management of administrative processes for the wider Technical Team.
- Taking initiative in dealing with minor issues, escalating more technically complex matters as appropriate.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing communication to clients and debtors, via telephone, email and post.
- Routine filing of hard copy documentation.
- Opening files electronically.
- Data cleansing and resulting updates of the case management system
- Helping to sort the storage system and ongoing maintenance of the same.
- Preparation of post both external and internal.
- Initiation of conflict checks and general office duties as required including photocopying.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise own workload.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent administration / organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills including a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English, including a confident telephone manner.
- Basic to intermediate IT and keyboard skills with knowledge of Word, Excel and database programmes, internet research.
- A good team spirit with proven team working skills.
- Flexibility, willingness to learn on the job and to participate in learning and development opportunities.
- Previous experience in an administrative role would be an advantage but is not essential.
The above lists are non-exhaustive and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 24779/SH
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Samantha Houghton