Practice Area: IHT
Recruitment Partner: Samantha Houghton
DWF LLP is seeking to recruit a number of Paralegals / Legal Administrators for a new client project with one of our clients in Manchester.
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
In this new project you will be working as a Paralegal, joining the Subrogated Recovery team based at a client site in Manchester city centre.
You should have previous experience of dealing with litigated (pre-litigated experience is an advantage) motor damage claims in order to establish liability and recover our client’s outlay. We are ideally seeking applications from individuals with legal education and experience of working on the telephone. Experience of dealing with litigated Claimant RTA claims would be beneficial.
As a Paralegal here at DWF your work will include the use of a Case Management System to action and track all cases in line with the practice group as well as the client service standards and protocols.
You will analyse risk and have sound judgement in order to justify decisions in the management of cases. You will be able to prioritise your work efficiently and effectively to ensure client service level agreements and deadlines are met.
You should have the ability to work well within a team, be confident working on your own caseload and liaising closely with more senior fee earners whilst demonstrating strong organisational skills.
If you are an experienced Paralegal, Legal Administrator or Case Handler with strong academics or currently working as a Paralegal with ideally some relevant legal work experience, we are hiring for this project now.
- Paralegal, Legal Administrator or Case Handler
- Action all cases in line with practice group/client service standards and protocols ensuring the monitoring and completion of MI as required;
- To deal with technical aspects of the case, under the supervision of the sub-team leader.
- To ensure that targets are met.
- Use of the case management system and / or use of standard documentation wherever appropriate;
- Utilise negotiation and communication skills to proactively settle cases whilst further developing legal technical knowledge;
- Analyse risk and utilise commercial knowledge to develop sound judgement in order to justify decisions in the management of cases;
- Prioritise and organise work efficiently and effectively to ensure client service level agreements and deadlines are met;
- Interpret financial information to monitor your own performance against agreed targets ensuring there’s an ability to explain any differential;
Please ensure that on your application you specify DWF – Paralegal Project - Manchester
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.