Job Code: 21526/SH
Practice Area: Subrogated Recoveries
Recruitment Partner: Sam Houghton
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Paralegals are required to join the Subrogated Recovery team based at a client site in Manchester city centre. The successful candidate will deal with both pre-litigation and litigated motor damage claims in order to establish liability and recover our client’s outlay. We are ideally seeking applications from candidates with legal education and experience of working on the telephone. Experience of dealing with litigated Claimant RTA claims would also be preferred.
We will consider candidates with experience of working in house with an insurer or from private practice. Candidates will have the ability to work well within a team, be confident working on their own caseload and liaising closely with more senior fee earners, and have strong organisational skills.
Responsible to: Line manager.
Liaison with: Employees at all levels within DWF, and clients.
- Action all cases in line with practice group/client service standards and protocols ensuring the monitoring and completion of MI as required;
- To deal with technical aspects of the case, under the supervision of the sub-team leader.
- To ensure that targets are met.
- Use of the case management system and / or use of standard documentation wherever appropriate;
- Utilise negotiation and communication skills to proactively settle cases whilst further developing legal technical knowledge;
- Analyse risk and utilise commercial knowledge to develop sound judgement in order to justify decisions in the management of cases;
- Prioritise and organise work efficiently and effectively to ensure client service level agreements and deadlines are met;
- Work flexibly in adjusting to changes in priority of workload as dictated by line managers;
- Interpret financial information to monitor your own performance against agreed targets ensuring there’s an ability to explain any differential;
- To ensure client care in all cases.
- Record all time accurately.
- Partake in any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the DWF business as and when required.
- To follow all the Firm's policies and procedures.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 21526/SH
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Samantha Houghton on firstname.lastname@example.org