Job Code: 28125/SH
Practice Area: Resolution Law
Recruitment Partner: Sam Houghton
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
To handle a caseload of uninsured loss recovery motor files within the ULR (Yellow) Team in Resolution Law under the management of Danielle Kennedy.
Cases are referred by insurers and legal expense insurers where the core requirement is to quantify, submit and recover the client's losses as swiftly and efficiently as possible.
Usually these losses will consist of policy excesses, potential hire or loss of use, occasional loss of profit.
The primary and immediate need is to quantify the level of damages (in particular special damages) and to swiftly and efficiently obtain the documentary evidence in support of those claims and thereafter to submit such with full details of losses to the third party insurer and obtain full and final settlement within defined fixed periods. In the event that is not possible, then to assess the merits of the claim and if necessary issue and progress court proceedings as directed and under the supervision of the ULR Team leader.
Issues will by their nature involve the ability to work in an extremely organised manner skilfully utilising VF and Outlook diary systems and live file lists to ensure that evidence is provided by the client and submitted to the third party to ensure backwards are absolutely minimised. Strong, proactive chasing skills will be required.
There will be a clear emphasis on proactivity and the need to close files swiftly where client response or engagement is not taking place.
It will be the handlers role to identify the key special damage issues that are the heart of the case that must be addressed and evidence obtained to create a position where the value and extent of the claim has crystallized..
- The role will require a clear ability to work with and under the instruction of the unit team leader but with an organised VF focussed approach
- Strong VF skills and the ability to process volume work swiftly
- To demonstrate an ability to communicate strongly and clearly with clients to obtain required information
- To be able to deliver results within required time frames, managing cases and working to deadlines, obtaining the appropriate and detailed evidence whether lay or expert (in this case most likely engineers reports on Third party cover claims) and processing matters in a timely manner
- To recognise areas of risk for the client, the funder and the firm and have the confidence to report them to the Team Leader or higher management as required
This role will be based in the ULR Team of Resolution Law in Liverpool.
Ideally some RTA insurance work background and experience, ideally from a claimant perspective.
- To provide initial action on ULR cases swiftly using the VF system
- To utilise the various diary systems to ensure matters progress within the time frames demanded by the firm and the client
- Communicate with Team Leader as appropriate and necessary to feedback how matters progressing
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year;
- Achieve individual and actively assist in achieving unit financial targets in line with sales plan;
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice;
- Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices generally and specifically in relation to file case plan;
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
- Record disbursements and special damages onto VF system in all cases as required
- Ensure claim is properly quantified and damages potential maximised to achieve full recovery of potential liabilities from responsible insurer or third party
- Where a damages cheque and resolution cannot be obtained swiftly and within the required time frames to move the case swiftly and efficiently to litigation
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 28125/SH.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sam Houghton on Sam.Houghton@dwf.law.