Job Code: 28342/SH
Practice Area: Resolution Law
Recruitment Partner: Sam Houghton
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
DWF are looking for a Senior Paralegal who will handle and be responsible for a diverse caseload primarily of non –portal RTA matters. Work will be transferred from our Portal Team when it drops out due to either a denial of liability, causation or a failure by the insurer to respond in time.
Some of these cases may involve issues of a complex or technical nature.
The prime requirement will be to consider the issues in the case, assess prospects, obtain the appropriate evidence and to litigate as required to achieve a successful conclusion for the client and the firm.
It will ideally require experience and aptitude to identify and understand the issues that arise in disputed RTA PI claims and to overcome them and have an ability to communicate well with lay clients.
Most cases will arise as a result of RTAs.
To advise the client on the funding options available, complete Risk Assessments and draft CFA’s. To review medical evidence and instruct relevant expert(s) advising the client on the need and how to obtain any recommended treatment. Consider tactical approach when assessing value of the claim and issue court proceedings where necessary.
Candidate would demonstrate a high level of technical and commercial expertise in the above areas to deliver results within required time frames. They would provide the highest service level to external clients whilst demonstrating and communicating a clear understanding of business needs/changes to internal clients.
This role will be based in our Blue Team in our Technical Claims team in Liverpool reporting to a Team Leader and ultimately to Peter Holland the overall manager of the litigation team.
- Handling a claimant PI caseload of approximately 150 cases and to litigate them were appropriate.
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year;
- Achieve individual financial targets in line with sales plan;
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice;
- Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally;
- To work efficiently and to engage proactively with client’s to minimise the possibility of complaints
- Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices;
- Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge;
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs;
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 28342/SH.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sam Houghton on Sam.Houghton@dwf.law.