Job Code: 28835/SC
Practice Area: Insurance - Motor
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
DWF LLP is seeking to recruit a Solicitor/Senior Paralegal to work in the Motor team in the Manchester office.
We are seeking applicants with relevant defendant motor litigation experience to handle a mixed case load of MOJ, small claims and fast track litigated cases.
We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate a real interest in motor insurance work, who is a team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Main function of job:
To demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and the ability to deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to external clients whilst demonstrating and communicating a clear understanding of business needs/changes to internal clients.
• Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year;
• Achieve individual financial targets in line with sales plan;
• Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice;
• Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally;
• Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices;
• Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge;
• Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs;
• Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number: 28835/SC.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on Sarah.Curran@dwf.law.
No agency CVs will be accepted unless formally instructed on this specific role by the Recruitment Team.