Job Code: 23043/SH
Practice Area: IHT
Recruitment Partner: Sam Houghton
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
Supporting the operational and administrative functioning of the Subrogated Recovery team based at a client site in Manchester city centre.
a. Responsible to: Line manager.
b. Liaison with: All employees, the client and service providers.
- Opening paper files on new cases and updating the status on relevant IT systems.
- Assisting in the provision / maintenance of management information daily. Updating various reports and spreadsheets.
- Archiving settled/closed files.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post.
- Running Conflict reports and checking results. Inputting results onto a spreadsheet.
- Recording and sending recovery cheques to Accounts for banking, reconciliation of CCFA monies and billing reports.
- Stationery orders.
- Assisting with HR matters, to include recording sickness absences and annual leave requests, setting up New Starters in the team with relevant IT access, provision of necessary New Starter information pack and arranging Health and Safety training.
- Completing Land Registry/CCJ searches. Liaising with the Knowledge Services team.
- Dealing with general enquiries from the Client and directing them to the relevant fee earner where appropriate.
- Assisting the team in the identification of new recovery opportunities, whether that be as point of contact for email referrals or by reviewing claim details via spreadsheet.
- Routine filing.
- General administrative tasks including photocopying as and when required.
- Partake in any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the DWF business as and when required.
- To follow all the Firm's policies and procedures.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Basic to intermediate IT and keyboard skills with knowledge of Word, Excel and database programmes.
- Excellent administration / organisational skills.
- A good team spirit with proven team working skills
- Excellent communication skills.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 23043/SH
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sam Houghton on Sam.Houghton@dwf.law.