Job Code: 20558/CB
Practice Area: Corporate Services
Recruitment Partner: Claire Bowden
DWF are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
We are now seeking to recruit a Legal Secretary to support our Real Estate team in Dublin.
Main function of job
To provide a comprehensive administrative and secretarial support function within the firm and to also provide high quality documents and correspondence to the Legal Advisers / Partners.
Responsible to: Secretarial & Administration Manager
Liaison with: Designated Fee Earner(s) / Legal Adviser(s), all employees at all levels within DWF and clients of DWF
- Process correspondence and documents for respective Legal Adviser / Partner, liaising with the Document Production Unit, other secretaries and the Secretarial & Administration Manager.
- To undertake various administrative duties which may include the following:
- Dealing with correspondence in an efficient manner;
- Dealing with phone calls in a prompt and efficient manner;
- Arranging meetings and conference calls as and when necessary;
- Support agenda management and expense tracking;
- Book any hospitality direct with agents / ticket providers;
- Maintaining Legal Advisers / Partners diary and follow up system;
- Document administration – light typing, mail merges, storing & retrieving electronic documents;
- Specialist document production and proof reading that requires knowledge of legal documents and terminology;
- Assisting with the monthly invoicing process including raising invoices when requested to do so.
- Keeping files and filing up to date (hard and soft copy);
- Deal with client enquiries in the absence of Legal Advisers / Partners and take appropriate proactive action.
- Partake in any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the department, your colleagues and the DWF business as and when required.
- To follow all the Firm's policies and procedures.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Ability to deal with confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels using varying methods.
- Excellent administration / organisational skills.
- Ability to type quickly and accurately. Typing speed of 70 wpm with 90% accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- The ability to prioritise their own workload.
- The ability to work on their own initiative.
- A good team spirit with proven team working skills.
- Hardworking, flexible and adaptable in their approach.
- Proactive in work ethic and strive for continuous improvement.
- Experience of digital dictation systems to a competent level is desirable but not essentialas training will be given.
- High level of knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Typing speed of 75 wpm with 95% accuracy.
- Intermediate to advanced level in IT and keyboard skills.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Skills / knowledge required
Audio typing / digital dictation systems
Hours of work
Between 8.00am and 6.00pm (35 hours)
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.