Job Code: 24990/SC
Practice Area: Secretarial and Administration
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
The Legal Support Assistant will undertake a range of duties to support fee earners in our Catastrophic Personal Injury and Occupational Health teams, including administrative tasks and elements of managing files to enable fee earners and Partners to maximise billable time.
- Responsible to: Secretarial & Administration Team Leader
- Liaison with: Designated Fee Earner(s) / Legal Adviser(s), all employees at all levels within DWF and clients of DWF.
- Support in providing general administration including light photo-copying, typing and liaising with admin teams to ensure files are available as required
- Liaise with clients, responding to enquiries, emails and telephone messages on behalf of Partner/ Fee Earner as appropriate
- Arrange travel and accommodation using electronic travel systems and process expense claims on behalf of Partner/Fee Earner
- Assist in the provision of client related management information; collation, administration and reporting.
- Process and deal with correspondence and documents for respective Legal Adviser / Partner, liaising with other PAs, Administration Assistants and the Secretarial Team Leader.
- To undertake various duties which may include the following:
- Arranging meetings and conference calls as and when necessary;
- Maintaining Legal Advisers / Partners diary and follow up system;
- Assisting with the monthly invoicing process including raising invoices when requested to do so;
- Keeping files and filing up to date (hard and soft copy);
- Dealing with correspondence in an efficient manner;
- Dealing with phone calls in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Deal with client enquiries in the absence of Legal Adviser and take appropriate proactive action.
- To follow all the Firm’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Strong communication skills and desire to assist others.
- Understanding of litigation and legal processes.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products together with the active case management system, along with the willingness to be trained further.
- A proactive attitude with the ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 24990/SC.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran at firstname.lastname@example.org