Job Code: 23206/SC
Practice Area: Secretarial and Administration
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Purpose of the role
The PA will provide proactive, high level support, delivering a highly professional service to ensure the effective and economic use of Fee Earner & Partner time and support them in delivering an excellent and high quality client experience. The PA will be accountable for all appropriate typing whilst document production and high volume typing will be actioned by the Document Production Unit.
- Proactively manage Partner/ Fee Earner diary and inbox including schedule of appointments, meetings and diary commitments
- Supporting the administration of meetings including minute taking, both internally and externally, drafting agendas, collating and distributing papers for internal and external meetings
- Follow up designated actions from meetings to ensure completion ahead of next meeting
- Process and deal with correspondence including email and telephone calls, anticipating responses and drafting correspondence
- Liaise with clients, responding to enquiries, emails and telephone messages on behalf of Partner/ Fee Earner as appropriate
- Arrange travel and accommodation using electronic travel systems and process expense claims on behalf of Partner/Fee Earner
- Support Partner/ Fee Earner by conducting research as requested, produce presentations, executive summaries and newsletters
- Support in providing general administration including light photo-copying, typing and liaising with admin teams to ensure files are available as required
- Arrange events and book hospitality, meeting and greeting clients where appropriate
- Coordinating the on boarding and off boarding process within the Practice Area
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate at all levels and manage stakeholders effectively.
- Highly organised with excellent administrative skills
- Able to take and produce high quality meeting minutes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates attention to detail and shows concern for accuracy and quality of work produced
- Acts as a role model and is aware of impact of own behaviour
- Takes ownership of tasks and proactively contributes to the team
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative and ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work to tight deadlines
- Hardworking, flexible and adaptable in their approach
- Proactive in work ethic and strives for continuous improvement
- Experience of digital dictation systems to a competent level is desirable but not essential as training will be given
- Demonstrable experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 23206/SC.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on email@example.com