Job Code: 28921/CH
Practice Area: Central Services
Recruitment Partner: Caitlin Horsfield
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
To supervise colleagues in Secretarial and Administrative roles to ensure a high quality service is provided to all internal clients.
a. Responsible to: Secretarial & Administration Manager
b. Liaison with: Secretarial & Admin colleagues, Partners & Fee Earners, DPU, and clients of DWF.
- Manage the day to day running of the team including the supervision of the Secretaries and Administration Assistants, reporting any issues to the Secretarial & Administration Manager
- Manage team performance against service levels
- Manage individual performance including objective setting and conducting performance reviews and appraisals
- Communicate effectively with team and individuals and attend meetings as required
- Maintain relationships with internal clients to ensure service expectations are met
- Act as point of contact for all work coming into the unit and ensuring it is scheduled according to the communicated Service Level Agreements
- Liaise with clients across the business to ensure they are provided with the best possible service at all times including resolving work-related queries
- Authorise holidays and monitor sickness absence for the team
- Undertake various Secretarial duties as required
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Demonstrable people management experience within a similar environment
- Experience of managing administration services and resources
- Excellent communication skills
- Be flexible and able to work on own initiative
- Have comprehensive experience of Microsoft Office products
- Possess a strong work ethic and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Experience of using case management systems
- Experience of using document management systems
- Experience of working within a large law firm.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 28921/CH.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Caitlin Horsfield on Caitlin.Horsfield@dwf.law.
No agency CVs will be accepted unless formally instructed on this specific role by the Recruitment Team.