Whether in the private or public sector our data protection and privacy specialists understand the challenges you face.
Our legal expertise spans the provision of tailored training, advising on breaches, FOIA requests or ICO investigations, litigation, strategic commercialisation of customer databases, advising on the use of data processors in ‘non-approved’ territories, drafting fair processing notices and advising on database acquisition.
We are committed to providing an excellent, solutions-based approach to data issues, using our knowledge and sector understanding to achieve smarter decisions. We believe in the importance of innovation, both in terms of the solutions we provide and your day-to-day activities.
We can help you with:
- Compliance audits, recommendations and implementation.
- Strategies for increasing the commercial value of customer data including white label partnering arrangements, preparing for business re-structuring, merger and acquisition and through multi-channel direct marketing initiatives and behaviour profiling.
- Personal data security breach response
- HR related issues
- Data processing, sharing and data transfers including contractual provisions, overseas data transfers and data sharing protocols.
- ICO policy liaison, defending complaints and formal actions such as enforcement notices and civil monetary penalties.
- The collection and use of personal data via websites and e-commerce including privacy policies, marketing strategy and cookies.
- Issues around sensitive personal data.
- Subject access requests.
- Multi-jurisdictional projects (for example centres of excellence and outsourcing).
- Compliance policies, governance and risk management.
- Compliance training.
Freedom of Information
- Developing Freedom of Information and Environmental Information Regulation publication schemes.
- Drafting refusal notices.
- Conducting reviews and negotiations with the Information Commissioner's Office.
To read about the key changes this updated General Data Protection Regulation will bring and for some practical tips to help you and your business prepare, please download our brochure General Data Protection Regulation: The key changes at a glance »