The team of seven is led by Partner, Stephen Green, who has a wealth of property litigation experience. We act on behalf of property owners, public and private sector landlords, major lending institutions, letting agencies and fixed charge receivers.
All our lawyers are commercially minded and work hard to get the best and most cost-effective outcome for you. Not every dispute ends up at Tribunal or in Court and all of our lawyers are experienced in negotiation and mediation. However, sometimes proceedings are unavoidable and where that is the case, we are assertive and dynamic litigators.
We have experience in all aspects of residential and mixed-use property management and disputes, including matters involving Rent Act, assured and assured shorthold tenancies and long leases. Specific areas of expertise include:
- Recovering possession including evicting squatters and trespassers.
- Recovery of rent and service charge
- Service charge and property management disputes, queries and consultations
- Disrepair disputes and other breaches of covenant
- Rights of first refusal under section 5 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
- Enfranchisement matters including purchase of freehold under Leasehold Reform Act 1967 and lease extensions and collective enfranchisement under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993
- Disputes under the Party Wall Act 1996
- Matters relating to the right to manage under the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002
- Neighbourhood disputes involving boundaries, rights of way, adverse possession, nuisance and negligence
- Solicitors' negligence
- Jointly owned property disputes
- Applications to the First Tier Tribunal
Recent quotes from Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 include:
“Stephen Green leads the practice, and wins praise as being ‘a committed, client-focused but tough litigator’.”
Legal 500 | 2015
“They are strong. They have a good practice.”
Chambers & Partners | 2014
Legal 500 | 2014