The Newcastle Insurance team are delighted to be hosting a Local Authority claims conference on Thursday, 19 May at DWF Newcastle.
We will take the opportunity to introduce our restructured Newcastle Insurance team and explore the following topics:
- Highways Code of Practice: the new risk-based approach to the categorisation of highways and the likely effect it will have on defensibility of highways claims
- Abuse: a review of the law around Abuse claims and a look at some recent cases
- Local Authority legal update: A run-down of recent decisions and cases
- PL fraud: An interactive session where delegates will be talked through a worked case study, highlighting the opportunities for Claimants to commit PL fraud, and tactics for fighting fraud
- Tripping up the Public Liability Fraudster: the power of Data Analytics & Intelligence
Perry Hill, Partner
Denise Brosnan, Partner & Paul Donnelly, Senior Associate
Katrina Boyd, Associate, John Thompson, Senior Legal Executive, Simon White, Senior Predictive Analytics Consultant & Andy Bethall, Intelligence Analyst
Gabriel Fay, Chartered Legal Executive & Julia Davison, Legal Executive
If you would like to join us, please use the booking link below to reserve your place.
10:00 Registration and refreshments
10:30 Conference begins
15:20 Conference ends
15:30 Networking and drinks
Please note that lunch will be provided.
If you have any queries, please contact Stacey Koks.