DWF in association with BSA would like to invite you to a discussion on the challenges and opportunities for the development of transportation in the Midlands on Wednesday, 22 June at DWF Birmingham.
The discussion will cover inter-city transport, public/private collaboration and devolution and will be followed by lunch at 12:30pm.
We are pleased to announce the keynote speaker Beth West, Commercial Director, HS2.
Participants in this discussion will include:
- Tim Bowen, Group Corporate Development Director, Costain
- Paul Kehoe, Chief Executive, Birmingham Airport
- Laura Shoaf, Strategic Director for Transport, West Midlands Integrated Transport Authority
Further representatives from local authorities and the private sector to be confirmed.
Issues to be discussed include:
- How transport connectivity can be further improved within the Midlands and between the Midlands and the rest of the UK, as well as internationally.
- The role of devolved bodies, such as the Integrated Transport Authority and the West Midlands Combined Authority, in improving transport infrastructure across the Midlands.
- The role of the private sector in helping deliver transport services across the Midlands and the importance of collaborative partnerships between private providers, local authorities and upcoming metro-mayors.
- The integration of HS2 into the transport infrastructure of the Midlands and its potential economic impact.
- The relationship with central government in light of devolution, as well as collaboration with other transport authorities across the country.
The event is free to attend but places are limited. To book your place, please use the link below.