Key topics will include:
1. Detailed analysis of the new Sentencing Guidelines for Health and Safety, Corporate Manslaughter and Food Safety and Hygiene offences from Simon Belfield, DWF LLP:
- Their impact over the past 12 months
- Review of recent cases - applying the guidelines to companies and individuals
- What we can expect in the future
2. Detailed analysis of Environmental guidelines from Tim Green, Outer Temple Chambers:
- Refresher course on the application of the environmental guidelines as applied to companies and their officers
- Review of recent case law applying the guidelines to large and very large companies.
- Analysis of restraint, confiscation and compensation in environmental enforcement
- Costs in environmental enforcement
3. The increasing importance of competent Health and Safety and Environmental advice.
4. The need to concentrate on compliance and prevention
We look forward to seeing you on the day.