Key topics will include:
1. Detailed analysis of the new Sentencing Guidelines for Health and Safety, Corporate Manslaughter and Food Safety and Hygiene offences from Simon Belfield, DWF LLP:
- Their impact over the past 12 months
- Review of recent cases - applying the guidelines to companies and individuals
- What we can expect in the future
2. Detailed analysis of Environmental guidelines from Tim Green, Outer Temple Chambers:
- Refresher course on the application of the environmental guidelines as applied to companies and their officers
- Review of recent case law applying the guidelines to large and very large companies.
- Analysis of restraint, confiscation and compensation in environmental enforcement
- Costs in environmental enforcement
3. The increasing importance of competent Health and Safety and Environmental advice.
4. The need to concentrate on compliance and prevention.