- Largest professional network with over 150 million users
- 97% of recruiters are using LinkedIn to find job candidates
- 100% of business decision-makers use social media for work purposes
- Include a professional photo of yourself.
- Check your details (job title, location, industry, contact email).
- Add an elevator pitch that will grab the reader’s attention.
- Include your experiences with examples.
- Add some credibility - ask colleagues and clients for recommendations.
- Take off-line relationships on-line. Simply use the search function to find them.
- Check who your connections are linked to and link to them if you know them.
- Search and join groups.
- Get inspiration from others – visit your connections’ profiles to see what groups they have joined. Are they relevant to you?
- Get attention - share updates, ‘Like’ or ‘Share’ other’s or start a discussion or poll