Shake up of retail pricing practices in prospect
BIS has published the Government response to the CMA investigation following the Which? ‘Super complaint’ on Grocery Pricing practices. BIS have committed to launching a consultation on unit pricing.
ASA baking complaint upheld
A complaint has been upheld over advertising which gave the impression of non industrial processing of bakery products.
Pressure groups putting businesses and Government under pressure
- Friends of the Earth have delivered 3 million signatures to the EU Commission opposing the potential Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership.
- Greenpeace have accused John West of misleading statements on tuna sourcing.
- WWF have challenged Oakland Furniture over sustainable time sourcing.
- The New Economic Foundation has warned that Government ‘Better Regulation’ initiatives risk a VW emissions type incident.
- Keep Sunday Special has re-emerged to campaign against deregulation of Sunday Trading restrictions.
Detailed guidance on welfare at slaughter
DEFRA has published comprehensive guidance on animal welfare in various killing situations including Halal.
Response to batteries recycling consultation
DEFRA has published its response to its recent consultation, including draft regulations due in force 1 January.