Primary Authority changes: The Regulatory Delivery Directorate of the Department for Business Innovation and Skills has launched a consultation on changes to Primary Authority in force from 1st October 2017. Changes include:
- Opening the scheme to pre start-ups and businesses trading only within one local authority area
- Designation of five national regulators as supporting regulators
- Replacement of opt in categories with all areas of competence of the Local Authority partner.
- Bodies coordinating partnerships on behalf of their members to become the PA partner.
- Businesses able to benefit from both Coordinated and Direct partnership advice.
Business Rates set to change: The Department for Communities and Local Government has issued a press release on revaluations and also a consultation on implementing 100% business rate retention by Local Authorities by 2020. View > View > View > View > ACS
New Ethical Trading guidelines for Clothing and Footwear retailers: Following agreement by Member States the OECD has issued detailed guidelines on what constitutes due diligence in respect of ensuring ethical practices within supply chains for clothing and footwear sectors. View >
Scottish Government launch review of Shellfish harvesting rules: Food Standards Scotland has launched a consultation on revised official controls for Shellfish – Closing date 12th May 2017. View >
Heineken Punch Taverns acquisition under competition scrutiny: The Competition and Markets Authority has launched an investigation of the proposed takeover of retail outlets by Heineken with a call for interested parties to submit evidence by 2nd March. View >
EU Technical Regulations:
EU Regulation 2017/70 Amends conditions for use of Sulphuryl Fluoride as a plant protection product. View >
EFSA Opinions issued:
On P100 (endo-1,4-β-xylanase) as a feed additive. View >
On specification for microcrystalline cellulose (E 460(i)) as a food additive. View >
On Taxifolin extract of Dahurian Larch as a novel food. View >