ASA ban on sexualisation of under 18’s: The Advertising Standards Authority has highlighted amendments to the Code of Advertising Practice in force from January 2018 banning the sexualisation of under 18’s. View >
ASA rulings: Advertising Standards Authority rulings this week have included a case upheld against DSG Retail > for non-availability of advertised goods, for Halfords > for failing to mention that a headlamp fitting charge applied and for herdress.co.uk > for advertising prices excluding duty and VAT.
Campaign to reduce sugar consumption launched: Jamie Oliver has jointly launched a campaign ‘Sugar Smart’ with food pressure group Sustain to focus on sugar content of foods. View >
Foreign Exchange Global Code published: The Financial Conduct Authority has set out its expectations following publication of the global code. View >
Lower bisphenol A migration limit set for toys: The EU has published a Directive requiring member states to mandate enforcement of a 0.04mg/l limit by 26 November 2018. View >
Consultation on park homes sale commission levels: The Welsh Government has launched a consultation as to whether the current 10% maximum commission level on sales should be changed. View >
EU technical regulations:
- Sets rules for the extrapolation of MRL’s for veterinary medicines between species. 2017/880 >
- Use of Phosphate additives (E338-E452) in certain Czech meat products. 2017/871 >
- Authorising 6-phytase as a feed additive for pigs and poultry. 2017/896 >
- Authorising L-tryptophan as a feed additive. 2017/873 >
- Authorising butane, isobutane and propane (E343-344) as propellants for food colours. 2017/874 >
This information is intended as a general discussion surrounding the topics covered and is for guidance purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be regarded as a substitute for taking legal advice. DWF is not responsible for any activity undertaken based on this information.