The DWF Estate Planning Trust enables an individual to give away assets so that they are outside their estate for Inheritance Tax (IHT) purposes. The individual making the trust is able to reserve an entitlement to be paid amounts from the trust in the future. Until now, such trusts have generally been available only in conjunction with the purchase of a life company investment product. The entitlement to payments out of the trust can be fixed or there can be a degree of flexibility.
Pass on the wealth – not the control
In simple terms, a trust is where your money or assets are held and managed by trusted individuals for the benefit of those you’re looking to support.
Our Private Client team can take care of all aspects of your trust for you, including:
- Advising on the trust structure best suited to you.
- Drafting the initial trust document.
- Administering and managing the trust.
- Helping develop your letter of wishes to guide your trustees.
- Advising on alternatives if a trust is not the best solution for your needs.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or we can be of any further assistance.