The food sector has always been susceptible to unpredictability and is fiercely contested. It is a sector where a company’s performance can fluctuate wildly based on various external influences. A one-off food scare, a change in strategy by a retail client or even Brexit can all have dramatic impacts on the bottom-line.
We surveyed 105 C-suite executives from leading food businesses to understand what their biggest issues and opportunities are, creating a picture of what the future of food will be. This report reveals an industry where some manufacturers face challenges ensuring their short-term survival, but these are far outnumbered by brilliantly innovative businesses that are finding new ways to drive long-term, sustainable growth.
Ever wanted to know the answer to any of these questions? View the report ›
• What are the areas currently covered by EU Regulation that will require action post-Brexit?
• What are the top factors driving/threatening growth in food manufacturing?
• How will the composition of different foods change in the next two years?
• What are food manufacturers looking for from their suppliers?
• What impact will technologies have by 2020?
• How are manufacturers embracing online technologies?
• How will the origin of workforces change by 2020?
• What are the top HR priorities for food manufacturers?
• What will the effect of the national living wage be?
The DWF & Raconteur ‘Future of Food’ report combines DWF's legal expertise with insights from some of the UK's top retailers. Essential reading for everyone involved in delivering growth in food manufacturing.