I specialise in all aspects of property sales work for banking and finance clients, including mortgagee repossession sales, sales by LPA receivers, sales by financial institutions appointed as personal representatives and trustees, order for sale matters and debt rescue schemes and handle an average of 200 property sales each month.
My experience includes:
- Property Development: Drafting options, drafting and negotiating conditional contracts, complex land assembly, drafting the apartment leases for a large mixed use development in Salford.
- Landlord and Tenant: Responsible for all the Landlord and Tenant work for a well known office landlord, which included, drafting leases, licences for alterations, licences to assign, pre-emption agreements, deeds of surrender, reversionary leases, and deeds of variation.
- Successfully procuring deeds of variation and rectification from third parties in matters where documents such as lease plans have been registered incorrectly.
- Dealing with the disposal of an incomplete development site, which included drafting the leases for each of the remaining units and disposing of those properties in the first instance and then subsequently disposing of the freehold interest subject to leases. This involved obtaining the assistance of our Property Litigation team in respect of the service of Section 5 notices.
- Advising on defective Tyneside lease arrangements.
- Advising on complex surplus proceeds matters.
- Analysing and improving procedures to minimise risk. For example, checklists for the key stages of the conveyancing process, namely title, exchange and completion have been implemented. These checklists help to ensure the team are progressing matters properly and that a consistent approach is being taken by all of the team to ensure we adhere to the firms risk management policies and systems.