Alexandra's recent highlights include:
- resolving a multi-million pound, multi-party claim against insured architects in relation to a London property featured on the television programme "Grand Designs", where the property suffered serious and difficult to remedy water ingress in the basement;
- resolving a high value claim against insured quantity surveyors in relation to the refurbishment of a local hospital in the course of adjudication proceedings;
- dissuading a claimant from making a high value claim against insured structural engineers where the roof of a commercial building had lifted off in high winds;
- resolving a high value claim against insured architects in relation to critical delays affecting the refurbishment of a large London leisure centre;
- successfully striking out a claim by a commercial purchaser of residential properties against a surveyor on a complex point of law, which was a test-case for approximately 75 other potential cases;
- successfully defeating a multi-million pound insolvency application made by a bankrupt litigant-in-person against insured insolvency practitioners in the Court of Appeal, which raised numerous allegations of professional misconduct and sought to overturn the original Bankruptcy Order; and
- dissuading liquidators of a company from bringing a multi-million pound claim against the company’s auditors for failing to detect a large scale fraud through audits.